Jackfruit is part of the fig and mulberry family, native to South India. When cooked, it closely resembles the texture of pulled pork or pulled chicken! Jackfruit is rich in vitamin C, carotenoids, and flavonoids which act as antioxidants and fight inflammation. This recipe can absolutely be made with chicken- just substitute it 1:1 with the jackfruit. The only place I’ve been able to find canned jackfruit is Trader Joe’s- it only costs $1.99 per can!
I recommend setting your cream cheese out for at least 2 hours before you start mixing. It will make it much easier to mix. I used the Greek cream cheese because it is higher in protein and lower in fat. I found it at the Lidl grocery store which is the only store I’ve seen it at so far. Both regular or reduced-fat cream cheese will work just as well for this recipe!
When it comes to the hot sauce, you can use more or less depending on your spice comfort level. I’m a person who can’t handle a lot of spice and so the 2 tbsp of Frank’s Red Hot in this recipe, in my opinion, puts the spice level at a 2 out of 5. If you like spicy foods, don’t be afraid to add more!
Buffalo Jackfruit Dip
- Stand mixer or hand mixer
- 2 cups Shredded jackfruit One 20 oz can
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp White wine
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup Greek cream cheese Sub regular cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 ¼ cup Shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- First, drain and rinse the canned jackfruit.
- Pull the jackfruit pieces apart until it has a "pulled" look. Use a knife to cut the harder pieces. Once the jackfruit is pulled, soak up the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet and then add the jackfruit. Stir well and then add the white wine. Stir for a minute before adding the hot sauce.
- Add the hot sauce in and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Add the yogurt, cream cheese, and sour cream into a bowl. Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Next, add in the shredded cheddar. Mix well and then add in the Frank's Red Hot sauce.
- Once the hot sauce is mixed in, add the jackfruit and mix until combined.
- Pour the buffalo dip into an 8x8 pan and then sprinkle some more shredded cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Serve with chips of your choice and enjoy!